CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 20, 2006

Mabry Update!


















We are back to the blogging world!!! We had a nice Christmas - we went to Lake Shelan this year on Christmas Eve and stayed til' the 29th. It was wonderful to get away and very nice to have my mother-in-law let me sleep in in the mornings and take long naps. She loved getting to spend the time with the kids and we definately enjoyed it too! Being a mom has MANY rewards, BUT sleep is not one of them. Jim and I got some extra time togehter too - whitch was also very nice!
Our new year was not so exciting. We were in the hospital with Lexi on New Years Eve til' early the next morning. She had pnemonia (sp?). She had just gotten over strep a few weeks earlier -no fun!! . Then Matthew ended up getting sick and was in Urgent Care himself. However they are doing better and we are on the up. Mattew is teething and fighting a so sad case of thrush right now, he is a bit miserable - really sad!!! Other than that we are on the up. My kids being sick is proabably one the times that I feel the most inadequate as a mom. It's so sad and I wish I could just make it all go away. I know I will have to give them to God their whole lives, but for some proud reason, that is not easy for me. As if he didn't create them and all!!!
Matthew had his six month check up this week. He is 28 1/2 inches long and in the 95th percentile for height. I think he just might be tall like his daddy. He is almost 19lbs and in the 70th percentile for weight. And his head,well....its a little on the big side. He is so sweet and cuddly. I love watching him take in all that is happening around him. He loves his toys and gets so excited when Lexi talks to him.
Lexi is still 2! and my little doll! She is so fun and entertaining. Her new words and the way she is putting together concepts is amazing to me. Litterally everyday she is coming up with something that tickels us pink! Of course it doesn't take much!!! She is going through that two thing though. She loves to discover things....under the kitchen sink, closets, bathroom sink,drawyers, and anywhere else she can find something to express her creativity. This makes lots of picking up after her. She is also two and realizing (or thinking) she is somewhat in control. She is pushing her boundaries and trying hard to get her own way. She makes me melt and I would love to give it to her most of the time. But not at the cost of what I will produce. So I am trying hard to establish clear boundaries. It's always a black and white issue before you have kids, you know , just spank her! But after having them .... my oh my! its a case by case consistency and prayers to heaven for wisdom. She actually is pretty good - but you know, as moms we want to do our very best!
Jim is wonderful! I really enjoy him. We have been making family and marriage goals for this coming year. Just basic principles to be the parents and the honey's that we want to be. It makes me look forward to another year of marriage. We have our ups and downs but I am glad that the ups are far more often than the downs. And that through the thicks and thins of life he is mine. Sometimes when I talk to friends about marriage or we are discussing our mates, I often remind them and me...that we will all have a set of issues in marriage no matter who we are married to. In our society divorce it too often and out. But not matter who we are married to we need God. The person may have changed when people re-marry but threre is still another set of issues. Jim and I have NEVER discussed divorce, dont think I am saying that. Being married to Jim has always been wonderful, but never perfect.
WOW! I am long winded today. Love you all and I look forward to catching up on your blogs too!

5 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

So great to hear from you again! Wow, it was weird to see those pics of you guys in your new place. I had major flashbacks, just from that first picture. The tea kettle is still there!!! Too funny! I hope you are happy there, it was a real blessing to us for a season.
I am so sorry your little ones have been so sick...there is nothing worse. Josiah had pneumonia when he was two, I thought my heart was going to rip out of my chest, it was horrible. I totally understand. Glad to hear that everyone is on the mend...besides the thrush!:( I just pray a protection and a covering over your home and family, in Jesus name! Enough already! Gesh! :) Yes, marriage is a wonderful adventure isn't it, I LOVE it. Anything truly worth having will cost you. Marriage is costly, but the rewards are endless!!! Good to hear from you!
Jess

Potts Family 5 said...

Tammie - I love you!!! You are a great mom! I've never known 2 happier children. Even little Matthew with his thrush is quick to smile - sooo sweet! You are an awesome wife as well. I'm blessed to be your friend!

Sabrina said...

So, I am not doing to well in our Saturday calls! Uugh. I just remembered right now (Monday EARLY morning) that I never called you back. I will call you later on today sometime and visit. I am glad your kids are feeling better. I love you!

blessed girl said...

Tammie,
glad to see you are blogging again. We just had the flu go through our house a couple of weeks ago. Kinda fun to have an excuse to veg and get nothing done! Glad the flu was only a 24 hour thing.

Looking forward to peeking into your life again. And jealous that you and Holly get to be neighbors! That is where you are living, right? Around the corner from them?

The Webbs said...

Tam - I bet that you and Jim are the best parents! You both are surrendered completely to the Lord, and you are shepherding the souls of 2 beautiful children...no where in the bible does it say that you are always going to be on the 'up' side of life...just always being perfected! You are so great. Thanks for being vulnerable in your post and for keeping us posted.