One thing I appreciate about Jim as a dad is his silliness with the kids. He is always good at making them laugh. When they are being stinkers he will often come at them with silliness rather than being too serious....they snap right out of their funk. I think we as adults are like that too! When we have a bad day and someone does something thoughtful to cheer us up or makes us laugh, its like medicine. I think kids are the same way. Sometimes they need to be lifted to a better mood with us coming down to their level. Jim amazes me in this area.He's a fun Dad!
Every night when he comes home from work he will get on the floor and wrestle with them for about an hour and give me some time to cook dinner or just rest after a busy day with our kids. I am blessed daily by what a wonderful Daddy God gave our kids. Since I never had a close relationship with my dad as a kid it means a whole lot to me!!
4 comments:
What a great dad! And such cute "funny face" pictures!!!
Great job, Jim!! I'm so happy the kids have such a fun dad!
What a great dad! That picture is too cute with Lexi's hair on top of his head! Where are the pictures of Hunter???
I am totally not surprised to hear about Jim's awesome-ness as a dad...he was the same way to us as MC students. He was serious and got the job done, but he was always great about bringing some levity to the group at the same time. Are you guys ever in the Vancouver area? I'd love to see you. Are you still living in MV? I was wondering about a drive up there someday and would love to stop by.
Post a Comment